Ron Bellanti - Stop Drunk Driving Now Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Michael Phelps Charged For DUI


Once again, Michael Phelps is headlining newspapers. Unfortunately this time, it’s for all the wrong reasons.

Michael Phelps, the competitive swimming prodigy, was exposed online back in 2009, when a photo of him smoking from a marijuana pipe was posted. The image went viral, giving a bad example to the public on how athletes/superstars behave.
This is the second time in the last decade that Phelps has been charged with a DUI. The athlete took full responsibility for his actions and had this to say about the incident:
"I understand the severity of my actions and take full responsibility. I know these words may not mean much right now but I am deeply sorry to everyone I have let down."
Phelps was allegedly caught at around 1:40 AM when he was crossing double lane lines and driving at 84 mph in a 45 mph zone.

Click here for the original article.

No comments:

Post a Comment